Monday, December 03, 2012

New Mind-Boggling Evidence Proves SAT Bias - Higher Education

New Mind-Boggling Evidence Proves SAT Bias - Higher Education: Recently, I made the case that the “merit plea” opposing affirmative action is an inherently racist argument. In the blog, I briefly mentioned that the SAT is racially biased and not an adequate measurement of merit, as many would lead us to believe. The test is and has long been biased against African-Americans.

For me, grossly and consistently unequal outcomes almost always prove racist intent. The annual outcome of Whites out-scoring Blacks on the SAT demonstrates intent, proves the test is biased. I do not need evidence that shows racist intent. The outcome, for me, is enough.

However, this evidence would be nice to present to the legions of Americans who worship the mythology of neutrality of the SAT. To my satisfaction, after reading the “merit plea” blog, a Diverse reader pointed me toward a study in the recently published book, SAT WARS: The Case for Test Optional College Admissions.